Southwest Baptist University (SBU), Missouri Baptist University (MBU), and Hannibal-LaGrange University (HLGU) and Spurgeon College at Midwestern are cooperating with the Missouri Baptist Historical Commission to offer one $2,000 scholarship to one student at each school.
Each $2,000 scholarship will be established through a $1,000 donation from the MBC Historical Commission and a $1,000 match from the school.
Applicants must do research and write a paper on some aspect of Missouri Baptist history. The guidelines and application for the scholarship are available in the links below. All papers must be submitted by no later than April 1 for the fall semester of that same year.
Papers should be mailed to:
Missouri Baptist Heritage Scholarship
400 East High Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101-3253
For further information on these events, please email email@example.com or call 800-736-6227 ext. 301.
- Caleb Brittain (SBU) – The Early Development of Baptist Educational Institutions in Missouri: 1849-1906 (.pdf)
- Gabe Gard (HLGU) – The History of HLGU (.pdf)
- Ezra Richardson (Spurgeon College) – The Beginnings of Missouri Baptist History (.pdf)
- Morgan Smith (MBU) – How God Brought the Gospel to Missouri: A History of Baptist Missions to Native Americans in Missouri (.pdf)
- Hannah Roy (SBU) – The Importance of Sunday School for Missouri Baptists in the Antebellum Era (.pdf)